$25 MIC-B INJECTIONS
CALL US IN SAN ANTONIO: (210) 541-5979
Vitamin B12 combined with MIC is an injection used to facilitate weight loss and boost energy.* It aids in the use of food for energy and in the breakdown of fat.
What is MIC?
Methionine, Inositol, and Choline.
Methionine is an essential amino acid, meaning that it cannot be synthesized in the body. Methionine helps form SAM (S-adenosyl methionine), which is the “activated” form of methionine. SAM does the following:
- Breaks down estrogens Carnitine synthesis (the fat carrier molecule of the body)
- Choline synthesis
- Creatine synthesis
- Epinephrine synthesis
- Melatonin synthesis (aids in sleep, a powerful antioxidant)
- Nucleic acid synthesis- a component of DNA Breakdown of histamine
- Glutathione synthesis (the major detox antioxidant of the body)
- Maintains cartilage health
Inositol is a B vitamin and a primary component of cell membranes. Inositol does the following:
- Transports fats through the body
- Helps convert food into energy
- Helps neurons communicate better with the body’s nervous system
- Vital for hair growth
- Inositol combined with choline produces lecithin, aiding in the breakdown of fats such as cholesterol
Choline is similar to the B vitamins but not “officially” a B vitamin. Choline is often placed in the B vitamin category. It is an essential nutrient which is water soluble. Functions of choline in the body:
- Normal functioning of all of the body’s cells
- Brain and nerve function
- Liver metabolism
- Transportation of nutrients thoughout the body
- Has been linked to a decreased risk for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Decreases the risk for heart disease as it helps break down fat such as cholesterol
- Helps prevent accumulation of fat in the liver- often known as Fatty Liver Disease
What is the function of Vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 is a co-factor in the transfer of methyl groups in the body, important in the synthesis of DNA. B12 is also important for carbohydrate metabolism.* A symptom of B12 deficiency can be neurological problems because the nervous system uses carbohydrates as a main fuel source. In addition, B12 deficiency can result in Megaloblastic Anemia, a type of anemia in which the red blood cells grow without dividing, becoming enlarged.
What are symptoms of Vitamin B12 Deficiency?
- Low energy
- Tingling sensation or numbness in hands or feet
- A swollen, red cracked tongue
- Mood changes
- Trouble concentrating and remembering things
- Megaloblastic anemia
CALL US IN SAN ANTONIO: (210) 541-5979.